We are very proud to have three Eagle Scouts in our family, Kim, Tyler, and Matt. Wednesday, Oct. 3rd is Matt's eagle court of honor. We know there are a lot of you that would like to be there but can't. You'll be there in spirit. Matt has actually had his eagle paperwork for over a year, but we were waiting on another boy in the ward to finish so that they could have a joint court of honor. We decided a year was long enough to wait and that we would have Matt's separately. Matt truly does exemplify the values of scouting. Just this Sunday one of the widowed ladies in our ward asked Kim and I if Matt could help her move a friend because in her words, "If Matt is helping, I know it will get done." He has a reputation for being cheerful, helpful and capable. Matt is in his senior year and has already passed three AP exams. He loves to read and remembers everything he reads, even the smallest detail. He is continually amazing me with his profound insights. He is on the seminary council. We are so proud of you Matt!!!
Tuesday, October 2, 2007
Matt the EAGLE
We are very proud to have three Eagle Scouts in our family, Kim, Tyler, and Matt. Wednesday, Oct. 3rd is Matt's eagle court of honor. We know there are a lot of you that would like to be there but can't. You'll be there in spirit. Matt has actually had his eagle paperwork for over a year, but we were waiting on another boy in the ward to finish so that they could have a joint court of honor. We decided a year was long enough to wait and that we would have Matt's separately. Matt truly does exemplify the values of scouting. Just this Sunday one of the widowed ladies in our ward asked Kim and I if Matt could help her move a friend because in her words, "If Matt is helping, I know it will get done." He has a reputation for being cheerful, helpful and capable. Matt is in his senior year and has already passed three AP exams. He loves to read and remembers everything he reads, even the smallest detail. He is continually amazing me with his profound insights. He is on the seminary council. We are so proud of you Matt!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Wow Matt, Mom and Dad really do love you the best! J/K I'm really proud of you. You constantly amaze me in your quiet way. Congratulations on all your accomplishments. Love ya bud!
Candi
I'm going to say something that makes me feel old but "I remember when matthew was born". Way to go Matt! sounds like you have made all the right choices.
steph nelson
Way to go Matt. Were very proud of you. I am enouraged by your capabilities and look forward to you coming home from a mission and getting married so we can hang out and talk Science and Math ooh. I have to say, however, that I don't think I'll be able to catch up in two years, even with the eight I already have on you. Way to go on the eagle, glad to see that we about tied on that one.
Matt Jack, i love you bud, and I am so proud of you! You are such an amazing ...man...oh geez! I can not believ how old you are getting!!! Stop growing up. You really are so amazing. You are definately your own person, and I really admire you and what you exemplify. You are so thoughtful and generous. I really don't know any guy like you. I can't wait to see who you end up marrying! That is going to be one lucky girl! I love you bud! by the way...this is your favorite sister Jenny
Matt, It makes me so happy to see what a wonderful young man you have become. You're pretty much amazing! I can't wait til you come up here to Mesa, so we can all hang out more... sorry Candi and Neal. Anyway, just keep doing what your doing because your awesome! Love ya!
Congratulations Matt!
Mom and Matt you've both been tagged. See my blog for details. P.S. this will help you get a move on on your blogging :)
Post a Comment